As a Xune Solutions Sales Development Representative (SDR) your day to day role will be contacting potential clients primarily by phone, with email follow-ups. Working quickly to establish whether they are a potential good fit to purchase our website and marketing services. You will book interested parties into a further discussion with a senior member of the sales team. You will have a great telephone manner and be able to place emphasis and enthusiasm into your voice. Your personality is one of persistence and you know the value of staying in the game when it comes to winning over prospects by making one more call and sending one more email. You will already possess or quickly develop a keen insight for a warm lead and hand off/escalate high value prospects to the senior sales team.
Common tasks you will usually perform include:
- Updating the customer database (CRM)
- Conducting prospective company and market research
- Ringing 10+ cold b2b leads per day
- Learning new sales techniques both directed and self-directed
- Reporting sales trends and evaluating your own performance
- Recording sales calls and taking extensive notes
- Emailing 10+ cold b2b leads per day
- Creating and using sales templates to quickly craft effective emails
The ideal candidate will be:
A positive and determined individual. In sales, attitude is the key ingredient for successful sales performance, and the candidate will have the ability to brush off “No’s” and setbacks in order to keep going. Successful candidates are expected to call from a list of cold leads, read from a partial sales script and take notes at the same time, so being comfortable with that as a concept is also key, as it isn’t for everyone.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
Ideally the candidate will have previous sales experience
gained in any previous role. However, experience is not
required as full training is provided.
Details of employability support (training opportunities/mentor):
The candidates will develop skills in the workplace such as:
- Zoom etiquete
- Tracking training modules taken
- Time keeping in relation to internal comms
- Time keeping in relation to external prospect comms
- CRM management
- Sales skills
- Team work with their assigned Sales Executive
Candidates will also receive 1-to-1 feedback at a cadence of once per week with their sales manager to track progress and be introduced to the concept of targets and personal performance improvement plans which many other employers use to gauge the performance of their workforce.
Candidates will also be given the opportunity to have mock interviews towards the end of the placement, where we will ‘interview them’ and provide feedback so they can improve their responses to likely questions that will be asked of them.
In addition to this, the candidates will likely leave the 6 months a lot more confident in their own abilities to interact with others and sell products and services.
- 25 hours per week
- Monday – Thursday; 12:00pm – 17:00pm
- Friday; 10:00am – 15:00pm
- Free parking on site
- Temporary home working from due to Covid-19
- Smart casual dress